Re: LF: Beacons

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Beacons
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 09:22:11 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Dear all,

last night I ran just a short test till 21 utc.
ERP was about 2 Watt (250W RF power), but I am not confident to run high power over night (unattended).
My 500kHz antenna is surrounded by many trees and detunes by many kHz when these get wet. This time of the year the trees are wet in the morning, even when WX is dry (due to condensation).
Antenna detuning will decrease the ERP, but will also reduce the PA efficiency. So I am not risking to destroy the PA.
I will try to run a low power (25W = 0.2W ERP) overnight transmission session on Thursday, at this level the PA is fool proof.
As last night I will take the blue slot (t+6) unless it is already claimed.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T