RE: LF: Beacons??

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Beacons??
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 18:07:29 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
It was very poor overnight from East Asia to Eu  - normal Bcst and DCF39 were all down on average about 15dB. Some of the worst Ive heard in absolute RF level terms. QRN wasnt helping either. It seemed just general depression and not on one path so I dont think it was just a long fade. Cal on local ground wave MW station shows its not the probe!

One  of my local MF stations XSV is running a form of SITOR on 480kHz or so and its definately got RF feedback issues and sounds awful. I think someone has patched the wrong audio patch and TX enable...luckily the splash isnt hitting as far as 500-510 kHz

Laurence