LF: Re:>Plug and Play is here to stay

To: "P.E.Hamel" <[email protected]>, "SHMRG" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re:>Plug and Play is here to stay
From: "dave.riley3" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:28:53 -0400
Cc: <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Pat, et al,

As for the plug and play angle to help bring ideas to fruition, I just rolled the idea for a better transverter then what the junkbox could produce...

The first model of that VLF/LF/MF transverter was originally larger Mini-Circuit parts purchased on e-bay for cheap bux... www.radiocom.net/600M/TxVerter2.jpg this is the actual schematic only in 3D form...

Since that picture the mixers became sma types, altho old anzac with BNCs worked well...

Then I finally found the proper enclosure on e-bay... Sure beats bending aluminum and punching it, plus you even get a power supply and nice enclosure that they sell to house those external PC drives... Pretty for cheap...
www.radiocom.net/600M/TxVerter3.jpg

Then before I could squeeze all that stuff into the small footprint enclosure, I had to spend a few bux @ Mini-Circuits, just like I was a kid in a candy store and starting all over...
I swear that the thought/quest/prototype/on air/qsl is the funnest part...

Mixers, splitters, attenuators, lp/hp filters, ect. are all there to fit your specs...
Here is the UPS mini-circuit Super Store
http://www.minicircuits.com/products/fm_sm_main.html
Happy hunting, see you in about a week, hi hi ... Send an SASE and small bubble wrap return and I'll send back a splitter as in the pix, sma, 2-1000 mhz...
Good schtuffs, Bro.  Keep on keeping on...

Watta Country!!!

Dave @ /17

www.the912project.com

The local parts places went away with Katrina.
The books went away when the tree limb came through the roof in Georges.
My technology updates stopped in 1990.
The Omni-5 was not designed to be QRSS-stable.
BUT
How much would it cost for your drawing and parts-list.
I think I still have a 10 mc rock in an oven.
Pat
----- Original Message ----- From: "dave.riley3" <[email protected]>