Re: LF: Multi-function beacon

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Multi-function beacon
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 20:03:15 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Ok Andy

Seeing a good signal from your beacon, game on !.

Well ... if the reports are sent to the 5 meg system , that may cause (more) confusion .... but there is a need to  produce some experimental data from the  allocation, this may be more 'tangible'  than the wspr reports .... as the  beacon is running ,  I will splash this in the usual news groups , I will add a note asking for the  log files to  be retained and not emailed to the 5 meg system !

Tnx- G ..

Nb   the  pulse width , 500uS ... that's a bit  sharp for a ssb filter , only  1.5 cycles at 3 Khz ... ?

Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 3:56 PM

Hi Graham -
I'm not bothered about log files myself as  I don't have the time to collate massses of data but if someone else feels they'd like to do it...

Haven't hought about how long it will go for, I may just forget about it shoved up in the corner of the garage where, if it catches fire, all damage will be contained,  so happy enough running 24/7 for now.  The 5MHz monitoring system is in there as well.

As for your questions on the pulsed part of the wavefom;  its not in use on this transmission , I replaced it with a PSK31 message instead.   The original 5MHz system used a pulse width of 500us at a PRF of 40Hz, with the idea of using an SSB reception bandwidth, so something coul dbe done with SSB Tx, but these days we'd probably go another direction with PSK and a PN sequence rather than a simple short pulse.

Andy  G4JNT
www.g4jnt.com