LF: Re: Ground system

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Ground system
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:47:43 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Mechanical considerations
50turns of 5mm wire base loaded coil is more efficient than 100 turns of 1mm wire centre or top loaded to resonate the same vertical.
I have experienced this on 160m  mobile loading coils years ago.
Of course if your vertical would take the strain of 100 turns of 10mm centre or top loaded you would gain on Rr of maybe 0.00037 ohms on 500 khz.
g3kev