Re: LF: RE: WE2XGR/2 in WSPR mode

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: WE2XGR/2 in WSPR mode
From: John P-G <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 01:06:25 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 23:40:59 -0000
"Mike Hawkshaw" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Jay, LF.
>
> I never thought I'd be able to receive a signal on 500kHz from so far
> away; this is astonishing!

Mike, LF et al,

Well done - I was amazed to see so many people reporting Jay's signals
on WSPRnet, and glad to see your success especially!

Jay-  this is too easy - I thought MF transatlantic propagation was a
difficult hit and miss affair, but most of us seem to be decoding every
period. There is some slow QSB tonight, but never deep enough here to
prevent decoding. Listening on headphones, with the RX in normal SSB
bandwidth, your sig resovling at approx 1.5kHz. I can  hear you
by ear most of the time. I've no doubt we could work CW at this S/N
ratio (assuming I could radiate a reciprocal ERP!)

Perhaps next time you need to do a QRP experiment - hi!

Cheers,

John
GM4SLV