Re: LF: Re: Silent majority

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Silent majority
From: M0FMT <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 10:56:28 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi John and LF

They say when you are trying to get out of a hole stop digging.

You are right of course from recent reading 50Hz BW for CW (ON/OFF Keying) is probably much lower than 12 WPM .... depressing isn't it?

To Warren
My reference to SSTV was to take the argument of spectrum usage in our (UK allocation) 3kc/s bandwidth to an absurd level to make a point. We need to be able to conduct two way real time QSOs on the band without one station hogging the lot with a wide blocking beacon type transmission especially when stations have to co-exist in close physical proximity. In the Home Counties we don't have the luxury of the wide open prairies of Canada and the US between stations so some of us around here can have almost volts in our antennas from neighbouring stations.
I think I can hear the reply now, haven’t you guys heard of Hi Q band pass filters in the antenna input to the RX. Yes and that’s where my argument falls down, time to stop digging.

Personally however, I think I would prefer to hear the CW “thumps” that I could decode by ear than the unintelligible racket from a “DATA” transmission.....ho hum.

73 de (depressed) petefmt