LF: BY3A-KL1X Grabber move

To: sergey <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>, <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: BY3A-KL1X Grabber move
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:57:16 -0900
Sender: [email protected]

Ill be moving the overnight Eastern China Grabber up from 136307 area to the USA/Eu Window 137.775/781 for the next few days to look out for long haul USA East coast at my dusk. Ive got the noise down here by another 1.5dB which is rather pleasing - having successfully got a flourescent tube finally turned off in the lift machinery room to the left of the probe.
http://kl1x.com/BY3a%20probe.jpg - this was some task believe me - its taken a month of negotiation to flick a switch.

My old home station in Mongolia on 164kHz is particularly strong at -30dBm and pretty "wide" looking at the spectrum on the SDR - Wider than I used to see for some reason. For info Im using a 7 element 500kHz LPF to cut down the multiple -10dBm Medium wave signals in the 1Mhz region - it really alleviates some of the images from the SDR-IQ.

Thanks to all for the signals - UA4WPF nightly continues to be good to strong at times, at the 4500Kms mark and fade period around 25 mins, but fades arent that deep.

 EU utilities are slightly elevated above norms around -70dBm now some 25-30dB above noise. DCF39 is around 7600kms from here.

Signals appreaciated from all inc  UA4WPF, RA9CUA's "u" in DFCW and others.

Time for work Laurence By3A/KL1X OM89UA
http://kl1x.com

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out. =