LF: 137 kHz T/A

To: "rsgb_lf_group@blacksheep" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 137 kHz T/A
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 17:41:09 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

137 kHz EU stations

There are probably at least a few stations in the US (including me!) that have been and are still interested in receiving your signals. Unfortunately, all EU stations seem to have moved their transmitters into the US transmitting window at 137778 kHz. When US stations are transmitting (which is often) this prevents any chance for reception of EU stations at many receiving locations.

Looking back at T/A captures from years past I see that the EU transmitting window was previously centered on 136318 kHz. This provided adequate frequency separation and I was successful at receiving stations with even modest setups. I wonder how this frequency change came about and whether EU stations would consider going back to their old transmitting window. Thoughts?

Jay W1VD  WD2XNS  WE2XGR/1

(blind toward EU on 137 kHz...)