LF: My bands

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: My bands
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:28:09 -0900
Sender: [email protected]

Im quizzed about my RF environement and what I can see from here - Ive just taken a daytime (0422z) snapshot of what I see between 1 and 190kHz for interest....

http://kl1x.com/mysig.jpg

The Russian Alphas are pretty strong and not suprisingly the LW bcst stations are pretty good during the day - Mongolia on 164kHz around 1300kHz is clear but wide with some audio spurii.. The noise floor aint that bad now, but Im favored with a metaled frame building with an extensive lightning protection system which acts as a cage (my probe outer coax is tied to it...) and there is now very little leakage out of the internals of the  building and up to the roof where the probe is.

Cheers
Laurence BY3A/KL1X Tanngu China
-20C and blowing 40

Hotmail® goes where you go. On a PC, on the Web, on your phone. See how. =