LF: Loran clear regions worldwide

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Loran clear regions worldwide
From: Laurence BY3A-KL1X China <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 00:17:44 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Im going to set the SDR IQ on 136kHz tonight in case some activity, 136KHz dial on WSPR  - however if Eu wants to fire up other visual modes can I respectively suggest you do it in the region:-

136.307154 to 136.308999 kHz

This is a 1.84Hz +-<huge> area (with a 0.1hz guard) that appears to be clear globally of Loran lines. 136318 and 136319 are a little busy! At least then any QRSS stable signal would be easy(ier) to detect - I do however commend DFCW, sloping or someform of other carrier deviated signal that makes ident easier for my old eyes.

See http://kl1x.com/wwloran.gif

Sunsetting here -10C

Laurence BY3A/KL1X Tanggu China

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync. Check it out. =