Re: LF: DF6NM on the BY-grabber!

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: DF6NM on the BY-grabber!
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 00:46:45 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello LF,

thanks very much for the nice comments - you can guess I feel a little
exhilarated now.

But (like with all weak signals) it's the receiver who has to do most of the work. So many thanks again to Laurence, who managed to pull all our tiny little signals out of the Chinese noise background. Just like he did in Alaska, back in January 2004.

I guess, for me it was also a matter of lucky circumstances. I had a few days off work, and the weather had been dry and cold, so I could leave my fragile antenna in place. The partial discharge problems still present in the afternoon miraculously went away for the evening. With 220 W of RF, tonight's ERP was almost 0.8 W, which I had hardly reached before. The opening from here to BY lasted for about 1.5 hours, with the best half hour around 21:00 just barely sufficient to get a few consecutive dashes across.

Tomorrow at work I'll be in for some funny looks: Hey, and what did you do since christmas? Well I spent a few nights to send four bits to China...

Kind regards,
Markus, DF6NM

----- Original Message ----- From: ""Jean-Pierre Méré (F1AFJ)"" <[email protected]>