Re: LF: 137 kHz wspr beacon

To: Michel F5WK <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 137 kHz wspr beacon
From: Michel F5WK <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:51:03 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello LF,

A big thank you to all the 'reporters' of my wspr beacon last night.

I was delighted to see such an activity around this wspr operation and the
nice DX with LA9BEA and IK4IDP. I have also to mention the visit at the
radioclub
of to young fellows, Nicolas F4DTL and Fabien F4EMV.

By the way the LF equipment performed nicely with almost no glitch (except
twice the USB connexion to the transmitter) and the antenna  prove to be
quite reliable (impedance = 40 ohms at the feed point)

The only problem, as Wolf pointed out, is the transmitting location wich is
not as good as our recieve only home QTH. Infortunately the receiving setup
was not able to decode Jim's wspr beacon, so I missed a SNR figure to
compare with.

Anyway, wspr proves to be a very promising mode on LF, and more important for
me, looks attractive for young people.

73,

Michel Brunel / f5wk