Re: LF: QRP WSPR beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRP WSPR beacon
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 15:47:47 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Andy,

no copy here at the moment (14:45 UT).
I will leave the RX monitoring for the next hours while working in the garden.
Look at wsprnet for eventual spots from me.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

Quoting Andy Talbot <[email protected]>:

I have a QRP WSPR Beacon going on the usual 503870Hz frequency.     RF power
is 100mW which gives an an estimated ERP of -6dBm - needless to say the
reported power in the message is therefore wrong.

Its operating at 100% duty cycle at the moment while the band is quiet - if
anyone has probs, just give a shout here and I'll drop the rate.

The WSPRnet database is showing Jim's copy of it at -29dB S/N, which
compares well with the transmission an hour earlier when I made some antenna
tuning tweaks and confirmed max power from the broadband PA as 140 Watts.
Jim's report on that was +2dB S/N.   31dB higher and within 0.5dB of
expected.

Andy  G4JNT
www.g4jnt.com