Re: LF: ERP calculations / measurements

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ERP calculations / measurements
From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 11:04:43 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=bD/L3MapplNRYi1OZkj7yXbCu4AphraG4pzrcBEwDVw=; b=AfXjed9D3j3UeZI4tGlQXqhR7pJbb2e6PtWvq5LMiXzkVufVtP/k1Gpu9ePDHGxkKw Pq/lEOFB72mT1496NpWNxwjXeGgHMSiTzj2aK7gt+mS3D5JMH9911TS0MnCUgCgm2CPV ADOzYaz7zX1hEHIUtugyf4W6pDm3jrbshzvFQ=
Sender: [email protected]
A perfect lossless gound and a lossless (superconducting :-) radiator.

Real reductions in gain which appear as increase in antenna resistance
come about when the lossy ground terminates the local E field, and to
a lesser extent tle H field.  Not-too-much modelling software can cope
with that.

It is DIRECTIVITY that is exacly 3 for a short dipole over an infinite
perfect groundplane.   The normal directivity of 1.5 calculated for a
short dipole, doubled due to its reflection's contribution.

Gain is  [directivity - loss].

Andy  G4JNT
www.scrbg.org/g4jnt