Re: LF: Battery chargers

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Battery chargers
From: [email protected]
Date: 16 Dec 2008 02:28 GMT
Sender: [email protected]
Dear John,

I guess the modern method is to use so-called "delta-U" chargers. They
charge quicker and finish charging upon a voltage decline delivered by
the "delta-U" detector, otherwise the cell would become too hot because
of the charge current which is generally higher than for NiCd cells.

There are chargers onthe market which have a delta-U detector for a pair
of two cells in common and others which control each cell separately. I
have both types but prefer the latter because they show which cells need
more time to full charge and may have a defect, too high internal
discharge for instance.

OK?

73 Ha-Jo, DJ1ZB