LF: MF GOOD

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: MF GOOD
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 15:43:01 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Condx good MF at present WE2XGR/6 579 for long periods this morn at 0040 utc 507.2 khz  then slow qsb, good sig for a qso.
At present 160m excellent UA0YAY and UA0CW (zone 19) good signals plus some UA9 stn(zone 18) from Asian Russia.
I worked a few to check the system, maybe the 3 inches of snow on the ground helps.
Lack of coordination on 500 khz is preventing a realtime QSO across the pond. Prolonged beacon acty is not the answer.
I would suggest to start with xband acty 500khz at the USA end and 7Mhz thiis end, then if successful attempt 500 khz both ends.
This was popular on 137 some years ago and worked well.
I do not like email involved in this sort of QSO. The norm at present seems to be Beacon acty and Email reporting plus Grabber involvement.
If anyone is interested let me know.
In the meantime back to 160,  it seems more qso friendly and no Beacon QRM

de mal/g3kev