Re: LF: DK4U...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DK4U...
From: Wolfgang Büscher <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:14:51 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Dave and the group,

Thanks for the report - hope to catch you on LF as soon as your TX is finished. I am missing the former activity from the UK... now that the conditions are improving. The HELL transmission you caught there was actually a test, after I saw my tuning-up tone clearly on (YXM-) Dave's grabber ... result: Birmingham is ready for the LF season, at least RX-wise.

There was some activity by german stations, some of them quite new to LF : Michael I DK3VK, Hajo DF5QZ, Edgar DL2HRE, and Michael II "Mr. Microwave" DB6NT comparing his antenna in Loop-configuration and as a toploaded vertical (the latter was two or three S-units stronger than the loop configuration; with the same amount of wire "in the air").

Michael (II) has uploaded some photographs to his website, including some details about the impressive antenna :
http://www.kuhne-electronic.de/db6nt/german/db6nt/136khz.htm

I will be QRV again tomorrow, mostly in CW .

Cheers,
  Wolf  DL4YHF / DK4U .