Re: LF: Mystery signal "VVV TEST"

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Mystery signal "VVV TEST"
From: John Pumford-Green <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:43:30 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Jim.

I seem to get a reasonable signal from this mystery station most
evenings. Last night it was good mostly but with some very deep fades,
down below the noise at times. My grabber covers the frequency in
question (but mainly to show SK6RUD) and I keep all the 5-minute
captures.

I'm expecting delivery of a Wellbrook ALA1530 soon, which will at least
allow me to attempt to get a bearing, as I have no other loop antenna
here yet.

It's an interesting signal, and if we know where it was it would
perhaps allow us to study propagation, Not knowing what you're looking
at makes it rather difficult to judge how the band is performing!

A French station reported an estimated bearing recently, perhaps you
could use that to triangulate and give us a shot at where you think it
might be, although I guess from the reported bearings you might not
have a good enough angular separation to make a good estimate. I hope
to join the hunt soon

Cheers,

John