Re: LF: Searching for Service Manual

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Searching for Service Manual
From: Thomas Kölpin <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:30:02 +0200
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Rick,

nice to hear from you again and thanks for your comment! I have had similar experiences in the past and your suggestion was my first approach. But during its newer history the company suffered 4 times from mergers and acquisitions being nowadays a selling brand only. So there is hardly any brick on the other and I´ll further have to hope for all these well-equipped RF-enthusiasts on this reflector ;-)

73 de
Tom, DK1IS

Rik Strobbe schrieb:

Hello Tom,

If you can't get a copy of the handbook via the reflector you can try this (it worked with me several times): Contact the company (google should help you to find address - email -phone numbers), avoid the administration (they don't know) and sales managers (they are only interested in selling) and try to get in contact with a service - or design engineer. There is a fair chance that he is a ham or at least appreciates your interest in "an old piece of equipment". If they have spare manuals you will probably get one or you might get the opportunity to make a copy. Once I even received a manual accompanied by a box of spare parts. The service engineer I contacted (a ham of course) was close to his retirement and preferred to give the spare parts to me rather than have to trow them away when cleaning up his desk.

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T