LF: Re: RE: LF beacon transmitter available

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: RE: LF beacon transmitter available
From: "Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 00:34:00 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello OMs and YLs

>Nice...set up your own NDB.

... back in 2006, while while operating DI2BO on 440 kHz I got a reception report from a flying aircraft. An aircraft mechanic on board a Boeing 737 passenger plane flying from Hannover to Crete used DI2BO to check the function of the plane's ADF (=Automated Direction Finder) unit that receives between 150 and 1600 kHz. The aircraft was flying at an altitide of 23.000 ft and was about 40 miles south of my location during this test.

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW / DI2BO