Re: LF: 500 BEACONS

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 500 BEACONS
From: "Roman ." <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 02:00:44 +0300
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Mal & LF!

Not sure about you are quote right for beaconing.

At moment I trying to RX a MRF station every night, when I will be free for LF radio. The G/GI stations is not real for RU with they m-m-m-W power. The QRB more 2500 km!
I'm looking only for QRSS10/30/60 stations. This is real choice for us.
When the prop was good for ~1600 Km's distance I rx'd well OK0EMW, DI2AM. DI2BE, DI2BO, SM6BHZ stations.
In Moscow is not real to make an effective rx antenna systems.
The QRM situation is not so good too.
If you ready to use a 20-40 m's LW on the roof in Moscow- you are lucky!
Because I'm oriented to the simple working conditions for SWLing 500 kHz band.

Of course, in my opinion outlook.
G is need beaconing station in QRSS10/30 with a 5 W EPR minimum and effective antenna.

* mal <[email protected]> [Sun, 3 Feb 2008 18:18:36 -0000]:
Does anyone really listen to these beacons at present. In the early
days
they were useful but now there is very little reporting. The majority
of
operators that I speak to do not look for beacons, only real time
QSO'S
.
If one looks at the odd beacon report it is the same person reporting
over
and over and is meaningless. I have not seen a report from any new
countries
for a long time, no one listening. even heard a BEACON CQ today from a
GW
station that went on for hours!!!!!!!!!!!!
The preferred mode on this band is normal CW and a real QSO.
Grabbers are useful for propagation testing when the band is quiet but
real qso and report is more authentic and do not forget xband working
for a
report from around EU.
The experienced operator knows when their system is working.

De G3KEV

73!
--
RW3ADB, Roman