LF: Off topic: HAARP Moon Bounce - Doppler

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Off topic: HAARP Moon Bounce - Doppler
From: "Markus Vester" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:13:57 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Warren and all,

fascinating video...

By the way, has anyone tried to extract a longterm Doppler spectrum from the lunar reflections across a number of TX-RX-periods? The width of the libration spread should be on the order of 0.05 to 0.1 Hz, resolvable inside a 0.2 Hz Nyquist window without aliasing. However I have no idea of what spreading contribution from passing through the ionosphere at a high angle should be expected. The experiment would require a very stable receiver, unless we could use the direct signal as phase reference - which we probably can't because of much wider oblique reflection Doppler.

Anyway the bottom line is that I'd be really interested in looking at a few
minutes of recorded audio.

Sorry for being off topic - just couldn't resist asking.

Regards,
Markus, DF6NM

          Check this site:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5E2ntIxAsc