LF: RA3YO reception etal

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RA3YO reception etal
From: Laurence KL1X <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 19:44:29 -0900
Sender: [email protected]
Excellent Dmitry - that and the AQC trace makes me smile; one of the many times that drift helps! I thought it would be very difficult here on the very noisy equator to receive anything at all but my country count on 137KHz has been higher here than in BY4.

The actual signals are probably quite reasonable just the sig/noise to deal with. The ionosphere over Singapore at night makes for poor LF/HF listening and "most" nights with the R75 agc on fast the S Meter sits at a constant 20 to 30 over nine. Think of a bad day in Europe on 160m in the middle of a storms summers night and quadruple it

Im trying phasing the probes at the moment to see if I can null out some of the stuff in some directions but have only played for an hour or so. Trouble is the the storms are basically all around me most night, or certainly looking at the storm maps they appear to be.

Over the next few weeks to make the best of the Northern Winter Ill  have three grabbers up - 2 on 137Khz  and 1 on 505Khz and switch receive sectors depending whether Ill be looking for the Americas or Eu/Asia.

PA0RDT probes continue to function 100% -

Laurence
Steamy Singapore.35C 90%RH

> Hi Laurence!
>
> 3dx01588.jpg - "O" it's my sygnal dfcw120 shift 0.2 Hz
>
> 73
> Dmitry
> RA3YO

Make distant family not so distant with Windows Vista® + Windows Live™. Start now! =