LF: RE: Feb 1st approaches ...600m ... SP?

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Feb 1st approaches ...600m ... SP?
From: "Dominic Baines" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 17:04:14 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

Peter,

I asked this and John Gould said this:

Dom, thanks for raising the issue of the NoV, as I guess others are keen to know where we all stand.

RSGB, at its quarterly meeting with Ofcom last September, raised the issue

of NoV extension, as well as requesting an increase of ERP.   As you may

recall several of the correspondents on this reflector provided me with some useful material for our case.  Ofcom commented then that they would need to gain a view from the primary user, Maritime and Coastguard Agency, as well as wait until the outcome of WRC-07 was known.  I view that as sensible, since apart from the small matter of RR5.83 that prohibited non-distress use of the band 495-505kHz, there was an WRC agenda item concerning maritime use of the spectrum in this area of interest.  We had a further quarterly meeting with Ofcom last week and we were told that they would be making an announcement concerning the matter during the first half of February.

There is nothing that individual NoV holders need to do apart from wait patiently!

As far as your own NoV is concerned I suggest that you progress it again - I haven't seen the application.

73 John, G3WKL

RSGB HF Manager

[email protected]

73