Re: LF: WOLF Beacon

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WOLF Beacon
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 21:58:27 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btopenworld.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Received:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=NtyCdpv8Zoa9gPn5NzMIy9hF2nUMSAzcvIPdboQ9W+4c/F2LPD+WGCGEAT4gVGsJuAJ2eb7GYU7H5gMxFmtqifZ1snhI4+aIUSlanjAuTM/NYEkAE6hyZsNbQ/CPFG10qRWJcSjvK0rAMMG33aeeOB7x7x1KZcom7FPvkfwT5r0= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Dear Jean-Pierre, John, Hartmut, LF Group,

Thanks for looking out for the beacon signal last night. I will run rhe
beacon again tonight from about 2200 (503.8kHz, WOLF 10) - at least on
500kHz you don't have to worry so much about the antenna catching fire or
the electriciy bill, unlike 136k  :-)

Jean-Pierre - I have been monitoring the off-air signal on a separate  RX
and PC, partly to see how good the frequency stability of the new rig is,
but it also confirms that the WOLF configuration is OK and it is possible to
decode the signal. I could not see anything unusual in last nights decodes;
also, Hartmut was able to decode the signal successfully. One possibility
that occurs to me is that there may be a different frequency calibration
offset on your RX between the 136kHz and 500kHz bands - this might cause
enough error on 500kHz to prevent the decoder tracking the signal.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU