LF: Re: RE: Re: IRF530N in 500kHz PA

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: RE: Re: IRF530N in 500kHz PA
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:40:04 -0000
Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=btinternet.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:Message-ID:From:To:References:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE; b=lBIUcjnxAUpZmH1y2BQ0HVbi4l4OyWFXtrl2738pXzYSFdbR8Hlq5OXZ8mNeKAiQedY2iVovn0iKURZr+jC2XWRowlqY5RcdbcV6i4vFey5UiROE2lziICuhKvnlQTwuwCYzXmqnE5xokGCrUheQS6ewFzXMK2iky+dcYrVNPkU= ;
Domainkey-status: good (testing)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Ken then you may need either a transformer or a switching stage that will
drive move that 6 to 8 volts on to the gate and handle the high gate
capacitance. There is not much point I believe in trying to run in Class C
with this kind of device, It is a lot easier to go right to Class D/E, they
are not very linear devices. You may get nearer to Class C type operation
with a audio power FET but these are much more expensive. The 530 is
intended to be used as a switch.

The step up output circuit does work I have used one of these on a PA stage.
It does need tuning which is a little difficult (high C) but does avoid a
transformer. You do also need to be careful about the coils. I uses low
permiability iron dust or air cored. Ferrite cores are too lossy in this
application (filters and tuned circuits).

Good Luck with it
Cheeers de Alan G3NYK