LF: XGR/3 WOLF 508.5 Tonight

To: "Discussion of the Lowfer (US, European, &amp; UK) and MedFer bands" <[email protected]>, [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: XGR/3 WOLF 508.5 Tonight
From: John Andrews <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 09:35:19 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

WE2XGR/3 will run WOLF(20) on 508.500 kHz tonight from 0000 to about 0330 UTC. Note that this is the "double speed" mode of WOLF, and requires DL4YHF's WOLF GUI program, available at:
http://freenet-homepage.de/dl4yhf/wolf/index.html

I suggest setting the number of frames for decoding to 16, as it is unlikely that there will be a big buildup of copy over long periods at this frequency. The output text will also have some useful data for analyzing propagation, so I'd appreciate a copy, either direct or on one of the mail lists.

This is a long-haul mode and conditions are good, so reception in EU should be possible. All reports are welcome.

John Andrews, W1TAG / WE2XGR/3