Re: LF: 500kHz 9/10 Dec

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500kHz 9/10 Dec
From: brian hodgson <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:45:10 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]
Hi David -

I'm getting half a microvolt from your beacon using a 3 turn loop with area of one square metre. I figure that works out at 17 microvolts per metre field strength. I'm 23 km due north of you so I reckon that adds up to an EIRP of 5.1 milliwatts. Anyone care to check my sums?

The loop is in my garden so might be affected by my aerials and house wiring but it does give deep nulls and sensible readings on stronger signals. Half a microvolt is also the minimum usable reading on my SPM-30 SLM so there may be errors due to the low signal-to-noise ratio.

Brian (G3YKB)

[email protected] wrote:

With the recent work by Jim M0BMU, I suspect my ERP amy not quite be the 5mW I have estimated.

Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.