Re: LF: 137 kHz Propagation Tonite ( WD2XGJ and WD2XKO )

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 137 kHz Propagation Tonite ( WD2XGJ and WD2XKO )
From: Jean-Pierre Méré <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 10:57:42 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hello all ,

Last night , very good reception of WD2XKO (6636 km)
its level reached the level of WD2XGJ (5536 km) towards 02:00 UTC !
The noise was still high the night spent, it should be noted that XKO was
visible 2 hours after raising of sun .

the captures of night are at :
http://jpmere.online.fr/Temp/

73 Jean-Pierre f1afj

[email protected] a écrit :
Jean-Pierre,

Thank you for the kind words. I think that it is less than 10 watts ERP, I will need to do some measurements to be more exact.
    Your reports and captures are much appreciated!

--
73 Warren K2ORS
WD2XGJ     136-140kHz

FN42hi
http://www.w4dex.com/wd2xgj.htm

From: Jean-Pierre Méré <[email protected]>
Hello Warren,

Very good ERP!
If John and Jay have 1W ERP , your signal is on average to 10 dB with the top ,
you have 10W ERP ! waahhooooooo ....... Your antenna is really very good.
It does not seem that the conditions of propagation are not also good.
When they are good I receive John and Jay like you this night.

73 qro Jean-Pierre f1afj

[email protected] a écrit :
Jean-Pierre,
Thank you for the nice report and captures! WD2XGJ is using a new antenna - two loops in parallel made of coaxial cable,
the 1st loop RG-11 and the other RG-214. (The old antenna was the single RG-11 loop.)
Dimensions are 1st loop (RG-11) 24m vertical x 44 m horizontal; 2nd loop
RG-214 29m vertical x 46m horizontal.
Transmitter Racal-Decca running 1.5kW dc input.

From: Jean-Pierre Méré <[email protected]>
Hello Warren and all ,

Yes very good propagation this night , your signal was very strong !
whereas WD2XKO, WD2XNS , WD2XES were on the level of the noise !
Warren, have you the “decca” in service ? because it would be good to
compare. XKO 400W, XES 500??? , XNS 400??? please John and Jay
what your power ? It should be noted that the noise (not the qrn) was
high +10dB.

the captures of night are at :
http://jpmere.online.fr/Temp/

73 qro all , Jean-Pierre f1afj

[email protected] a écrit :
Hello the list...

Looks like very good T/A propagation on LF tonite.
Good copy of WD2XGJ on Markus' grabber:
http://members.aol.com/df6nm/Grabber.htm

--
Visitez mon site radioamateur à : http://jpmere.online.fr/
Analysé avec AVAST Home édition , garanti sans virus connu