Re: LF: Re: 500 Two crossband qsos on carnival sunday

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 500 Two crossband qsos on carnival sunday
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 01:30:38 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:21:10 EST
[email protected] wrote:

> Well done Ha-Jo.
>
> From here in London, tonight is probably the best propagation I have
> seen  on the band.
>
> The 5mW beacon is visible on the GM4SLV shetland grabber for the
> second night running. However, tonight the structure of the PSK31
> transmission is just visible for the first time.
>
> _Shetland  grabber_
> (http://www.sighthound.demon.co.uk/pshed/gm4slv_speclab.jpg)

Hello LF,

The conditions on MF are certainly improving, with lower QRN static
levels. I've seen G0MRF's beacon several times recently, and have seen
the PSK31 on the waterfall more than once. I will attempt to decode it
one evening soon!

Congratulations on the cross-band QSOs Ha-Jo. Hopefully the wind will
drop soon here and I can repair the damage to my antenna suffered
during some severe storms on Thursday (gusts to 93 mph / 150 kph)
which did no more damage than snap one capacity wire!

Then I hope to be QRV for cross-band QSOs.

Cheers and 73

--
John GM4SLV
IP90gg