Re: LF: WD2XGJ with miniwhip antenna

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: WD2XGJ with miniwhip antenna
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:19:51 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Laurence,

So far I have made 220 mini-whips and not a single unit has failed due to static AFAIK.
As the pick-up element is small, the induced voltage will be much lower than on a conventional whip antenna. The imput impedance is not really high, so some protection has been build in and the J310 is a sturdy device.

I have had one report from a failed home made mini-whip. On the photo a roasted resistor could be seen. So, it should have been a slight direct hit. This particular mini-whip was mounted 18 metre high.

You can find some photo's here:

73,
Roelof Bakker, pa0rdt

Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!