Re: LF: 501.5KHz GI3PDN beacon daytime report 1200 hrs UTC

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 501.5KHz GI3PDN beacon daytime report 1200 hrs UTC
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 14:06:54 -0000
Sender: [email protected]

John ,

I wonder if the daytime signals are 'normal' or just as the sun activty is quite low , the attenuation is 'low' , I have seen signals from down south during the day as well ....

See you still loosing the top section of the ae , I lost one of the strops that night as well , but that was a smaller rope , acting as a 'fuse'

Have you considered using small stainless steel 'wire' , small boat rigging sort of , like, or bigger :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stainless-Steel-Wire-Rope-316-Marine-Grade-3-mm-No-Res_W0QQitemZ220169930002QQihZ012QQcategoryZ15271QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

G ..

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Pumford-Green GM4SLV" <[email protected]>