LF: 500 XBAND

To: "rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 500 XBAND
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:26:45 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all
I always check 3533/7033 khz plus/minus qrm when active on 500 khz. This has
been very rewarding with lots of real time reports from EU stns not active
transmitting on 500. I likewise also listen on 500 at the same time and have
separate antennas and rigs as appropriate for the job with QSK facilities.
I have observed other UK stns also working xband and this is to be
encouraged. One French stn told me he has heard 20 UK stns so far on 500.
Xband is not new, it has been going on for years and especially in the early
6 metre days 6/10 m was very popular, also 73/136 khz to 1.8/3.5 Mhz.
It would be useful if RADCOM published this information. News about LF/MF
activities are rare these days in RADCOM. I have submitted information and a
photograph of my rig but it has not appeared. It would also be interesting
to see other persons rigs, antennas and other details.
There are overseas stations as far away as Cyprus listening for 500 acty, so
you might get a call xband sooner than you think.
73 de Mal/G3KEV