LF: sm6bhz beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: sm6bhz beacon
From: Piotr Młynarski <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 00:09:34 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Quite 'interesting' propagation on 500 kHz. tonight. at present, i only have small indoor magnetic loop still sitting in front of my balkony window i just monitored as usual the di2am and di2be beacons so my rig is locked on 505.14 khz dial and for the first time i saw ( see enclosed picture) the BHZ beacon in qrss3 mode this spectran capture was made at 2210 utc. few minutes after it faded considerably but was still, say, traceable. freq is 505.10 khz. quick internet search found the sm6bhz loc as jo47wg so from my point of view (jo91rs) it gives qrb 868 km .
btw, the qsb almost follows the sine curve with its period abt 10-15 minutes
peter, sq7mpj

p.s i've already built a 1m square loop which will go outside my balkony ( outdoor version, hi) . it will be fixed in the forthcoming days
and i do hope to 'see' my first G station on 500kHz  :)

JPEG image