LF: WRC07 and 2200m

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: WRC07 and 2200m
From: Joe Craig <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:39:39 -0330 (NST)
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF Group,

Jim Dean, VE3IQ has reported that the amateur 2200m proposal
has been passed by Committee 4 this morning.  This is good
news for those of us who are not currently authorised to
transmit on this band.  The next step is the plenary approval
for which we must keep our fingers crossed!

Jim would like to have final reports from those Canadian
amateurs who were granted experimental authorisation on the
band.  Without intending to preclude individual submissions,
it would also be a good idea to have a combined report from
all Canadian experimenters.  I will be more than happy
to spearhead this operation and will be most grateful for
any submissions or suggestions.  The report will be used
by Jim during the consultation process in Canada for a
domestic 2200m band, should it be approved at the WRC.

Thanks and 73
Joe VO1NA