Re: LF: NO OPINION

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: NO OPINION
From: David Pratt <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 20:55:12 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

In message <001701c818c6$ee4e9de0$27e4fc3e@g3kev>, hamilton mal <[email protected]> writes
Its surprising how many amateurs subscriber to this reflector but have no
opinion, SITTING ON THE FENCE. !!!!!!!!!!!!
Come out of the woodwork and let us all know what you think.
G3KEV

As someone who was licensed around the same time as Mal (in Jan 1955 as G3KEP after taking the May 1954 proper RAE), we had to spend 12 months on CW with a maximum of 25 watts d.c. input, except on Top Band where is was 10 watts.

Hence top band was a very popular band for new comers despite the QRM from fish fone and Radio Loran. It is not surprising therefore that people from that era are attracted to LF with home brew equipment. My own 500kHz rig is a 6AC7 Clapp VFO / 6AC7 BA / 807 PA - reflections from the old top bands days!

73

David
G4DMP
| David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds, England |
| http://www.g4dmp.co.uk                |