Re: LF: 500 xband

To: rsgb <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: 500 xband
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:12:33 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: [email protected]
On Sat, 27 Oct 2007, hamilton mal wrote:

> I have been doing well xband 500/3533/7033 so far with 11 countries worked

Hello LF, Mal,

Encouraged by Mal's posting I've tried calling "CQ QSX 3533khz" on a
couple of occasions. I was called last weekend by Mike G3GMS near
Cullercoats (where I sat my PO morse test all those years ago!) and just
yesterday I had a x-band QSO with Hans LA2EG in Bergen.
It's odd to think, but Hans has been my closest 500kHz QSO to date, at
only 230 miles....!

It says something when an LA station is a "local" and a GM is DX.

Will try to look for more foreign stations on 3533. I have no TX
capability on anything other than 500 - only one TX antenna - but my
PA0RDT "mini-whip" feeding a K2 works nicely on top-band and 80m in
receive.

Cheers,

John