Re: LF: 500kHz 6/7 Oct

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500kHz 6/7 Oct
From: Peter March <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 18:03:13 +0100 (BST)
Sender: [email protected]
Many thanks Hartmut for the report. It is gratifying to me to know my signal is reaching Germany. By my calculations it makes the trip 464.5 miles sorry 747.5km. My power to the antenna is about 7 to 8 watts which is within the spirit of the licence rules.
The antenna is about 13m up and 40m long horizontal wid 4 ground radials.Matching coil is 100mm diam approx 320yH ant current about 0.5A. Top insulator plastic soon to be glass.
My location IO91UX is near Hitchin, my home town. It is a historical market town in North Hertfordshire about 70km due North of London.
Once again thanks for the report.
Very Best 73 Pete FMT.

Hartmut Wolff <[email protected]> wrote:
Heavy static last night. A lot of beacons were active. Copied GI4DPE,
GW4HXO, M0FMT, G3VXL, G0MRF and G3XIZ. G3VXL was drifting about 50 Hz
upwards overnight.

Captures can be seen here:
http://www.h-wolff.de/Latest500kHz.htm

Nothing readable from the US. Traces of CW signals were visible on
505.75kHz and 506.5kHz.

73
Hartmut
www.h-wolff.de