Re: LF: GI4DPE Copied in Nova Scotia ( Resend)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: GI4DPE Copied in Nova Scotia ( Resend)
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 07:29:04 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:18:24 +0000
Vernon Matheson <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I had posted this on the NDB list but thought it might be of interest
> to some of you 500khz folks.

Hi Vernon. LF,

This is fantastic news and might be a great source of encouragement to
the 500kHz experimenters here in the UK.

> GI4DPE on 501.316 khz was copied in FN85ki on Oct 8, 2007 @ 0211utc.
> Transatlantic conditions were very good at the time with the Irish
> DGPS station in Mizen Head copied as well as Irish NDB FNR-402.

I'm really amazed at this report. I know Finbar, from participating in
the 500kHz experiment and I'm sure he'll be very glad of the report.

> Receiver - R75
> Antennas - 2000' unterminated wire E/W and a 1000' unterminated wire
> N/S Audio Filter - 6hz wide with 400hz center
> Software - Spectran / Argo

You forgot to list "Golden Ears"

> I will keep watching for others as conditions improve

Thanks Vernon! I certainly would love to hear a report from you. My
path might be a bit more difficult than Finbar's as I'm bit furhter
north, but I'm willing to give it a go!

Well done both stations.

Regards,

John GM4SLV