LF: ZM2E 23 September

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: ZM2E 23 September
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:29:10 +1200
Sender: [email protected]

This is the text of a message I sent earlier, but has not appeared on the reflector, maybe because of attached file size.

73, Bob

Hi all readers,

Thanks to all who tried to receive ZM2E. It seems that VK6 is our furthest reception report so far. We had fairly good LF DX last night, receiving something from every R6L beacon. See the attached Argo graphic, timed at 1812z, a few minutes before ZL sunrise. It shows beacon IDs of L, A and W, and frequency included. We could copy L at 30 second dot length (we had two receivers and three PC, so had multiple sessions of Argo running, for bandwidth and dot length options).

ZM2E average QRN was fairly low all weekend, and we used noise blanking to reduce impact of static bursts. At ZL sunrise we got readability 3 by ear for EU AM broadcast stations on 153 and 171 kHz. Also plenty of galloping horses for SSB reception on 100 kHz. All reception via the wire antenna tuned for 137 kHz.

ZM2E operators were Mike ZL4OL, David ZL4TAC and Bob ZL2CA.

73, Bob ZL2CA