LF: 502.3 - G3UNT and G3XIZ

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 502.3 - G3UNT and G3XIZ
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:42:51 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
LF, Chris, Brian

I've heard some of the QSO between G3UNT and G3XIZ - needed some AF
filtering and a bit of extra pre-amplification but copy of G3UNT was
439 and G3XIZ 2/3 2 9 on a quiet band.

I was using the weak QSO to do some comparative tests between my normal
500kHz RX - AR7030 - and my new IC-718. Even with the stock, wide, SSB
filter in the 718 I could copy just as well on both RXs - the 10Hz AF
filter somewhat levelling the playing field since the 7030 has a 300Hz
Collins CW filter.

I called G3UNT several times after he signed with Chris, but once again
failed to raise him.

G3UNT is alwas a readable signal in daytime up here but despite many,
many relies to his CQ calls I've never had any joy. I presume I'm
being spoiled by my low daytime noise floor?

Regards,

John