Re: LF: ZM2E now visible ...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: ZM2E now visible ...
From: David Isele - VK6DI <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:38:47 +0800
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Jean-Pierre,

Yes excellent conditions this afternoon. I wish I had tuned in much earlier. I started to observe ZM2E when I first tuned in around 1.5 hours before my local sunset time. Currently I am still in bright sunlight at this end.

In reply to your question - My receiver is a Yaesu FT-920 (transceiver). I would have thought that it's performance down on 137 would have been rather poor. Surprisingly it seems to work quite well. My antenna is 250M of 2.5 mm diameter galvanized fencing wire (no insulation). The wire is sitting on damp grass (at ground level) and pointing roughly 90 degrees orientation from due North. I have a 30M long coax feed with a Z = 9:1 toroidal isolation / matching transformer wound on an FT50-J core.

Regards,

David, VK6DI, OF88cd.

Jean-Pierre Méré wrote:
Hello David ,