LF: TEST: 137 kHz audio streaming

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: TEST: 137 kHz audio streaming
From: Michel F5WK <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 17:25:27 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi LF,

 I set up an internet audio stream some time ago to broadcast the QRSS part
 of the 2200 m band and seems to be ready for a larger audience.
 It does not produce static images as grabbers do, instead it acts as a
 remote receiving location which means you get real time baseband audio.

 The audio stream uses the OGG Vorbis data format (to get rid of the non
 free MP3) with a 44100 Hz sample rate. It might look a bit oversized at
 first glance, but lower values such as 11025 give inacurate frequency
 reading with some sound cards.

 The RX tuning frequency, usually 137700 or 137778, is transposed to 700 Hz
 for the audio stream. The frequency error is less than 0.1 Hz when used
 with a properly calibrated sound card without excessive drift.

 If you connect to the server, you likely will hear the typical hiss/noise,
 and no more. So you have to run your own spectrum analysis tools
 (SpectrumLab or Argo) and choose whatever parameter you decide to run.
 It's really up to you !

 How to connect the server ?

 1) from your favorite browser http://f5wk.dyndns.org:8000
    and then "Click to Listen"

 2) from Winamp  http://f5wk.dyndns.org:8000/stream.ogg

 I suggest you use Winamp (VLC should work) with the waveOut output plug-in
 and a stock SpectrumLab and the quick settings.
 You don't need a second sound card to establish an audio connection between
 Winamp and SpectrumLab *IF* you can configure your audio mixer to read from
 the waveIn source line (ie record from "What you ear")

 Due to my limited upload capability, the stream server does not allow more
 than 6 simultaneous connections. Sorry about that ...

 Server is now up and running ...

  73 de Michel f5wk