Re: LF: antenna improvements at GM4ISM

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: antenna improvements at GM4ISM
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:33:42 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:17:55 +0100
"Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi All,
> Have just added 3m height and a top loading section to my antenna
> (10m pump up mast) now extended to 13m , hearing GI4DPE well 539, and
> a smashing signal from DI2BE.. 559 Anyone else on tonight?

Hello Mark, LF,

Finbar an I have a nightly sked, conditions allowing, at 11pm local on
~502.5.

Recently been troubled by lightning static which has curtailed many
QSOs.

We've both also recently been testing home-brew Field Strength
metering equipment for ERP verification and are attempting to stay
within what our gear tells us is 100mW ERP.

We may be over or under estimating, but should be within a dB or 2.
At least we're trying to be scientific about things, rather than just
turning the wick up "far enough". Make for interesting listening!

Have a listen later.

John