LF: DFCW-I Soundcard Generating Software

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: LF: DFCW-I Soundcard Generating Software
From: "Andy Talbot" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:48:31 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
A simple prog for generating DFCW-Idle messages from the soundcard can be downloaded from www.scrbg.org/g4jnt/DFCW.htm  (the download link is near the bottom of the page).

It is written in VB6, so you will need the appropriate run-time libraries.  I've found that many users already have the necessary libraries, but if not they can be found by downloading and installing the microwave beacon monitoring software indicated.

DFCWi.exe  allows fully user-programmable tones for dot, dash and idle; for symbol length, intersymbol gap and amplitude, and is aimed primarily at microwave usage, with tone spacings significantly wider and symbols lengths shorter than those typical for LF.  Tone frequencies can be set as floating point values to keep the musicians happy :-)

If there are any changes that would make the S/W more useful, please let me know and I'll try to incorporate them.

Enjoy.....

Andy  G4JNT