Re: LF: QSOs on 500KHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QSOs on 500KHz
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:48:48 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:10:38 +0100
"Mark" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Listening  to QSOS,
> Nice copy from both GI4DPE and G3KEV,
>
> Listening to GM4SLV and GI4DPE.. hearing both 529 at the moment, some
> QSB from the dire reports being sent it is somewhat marginal Gi to
> Shetland at the moment! Recording of all stations heard tonight made.
> Cheers
> mark GM4ISM

Thanks Mark! You must be just in the right place, mid way between GI
and "GZ"!

Struggled at first and was signing with Finbar when QSB brought sigs up.

Actually managed to exchange RST with Ray GI3PDN tonight, after failing
last night.

Mal a strong signal at the end, as usual!

I'm sure I've done my ear drums some serious damage straining to hear
weak CW under enormous static crashes.

I have a recording of the QSOs too, would be interesting to compare
them.

Conditions have been generally very poor over the last week, with heavy
lightning noise due, it seems, to thunderstorms over Europe.

Roll on winter. It's been 8C with a biting northerly wind all day, so
it already feels like winter here anyway!

Cheers,

John