Re: LF: 500 London to Shetland on 5mW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 London to Shetland on 5mW
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:03:39 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:30:44 EDT
[email protected] wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Must be good conditions this morning.
>
> I spotted the QRS signal from my QRP beacon on John's grabber at
> 01.30  UTC.
> Distance is 984km mainly overland with the signal still there at
> 02.15.
> Will do some measurements later to confirm power ant current etc.

Well done David!

I have reviewed my captures of the night and see that you were there
pretty much through until 04:00 UTC. I'll contact you privately to
arrange sending any screengrabs you'd like.

If anyone else wants to look, I have a set of zip files, one for each
UTC hour from 0,1,2,3,4 containing the 12 5-minute caprtures from last
night, prepared for emailing to David. Each file is 3MB. I can send them
out to anyone who wants a look.

The grabber has been on/off a bit intermittently this week, but I have
quite a lot of captures going back for a couple of weeks and will
happily try and dig out any particular period of interest. Can't
promise I'll have it, but can look!

http://www.sighthound.demon.co.uk/pshed/gm4slv_speclab.jpg

Regards,

John