Re: LF: 500 / OLB test-sig...

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 500 / OLB test-sig...
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 08:54:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
On 3 Aug 2007 at 19:17, Tom Boucher wrote:

> Thank you Rog and Brian 'YKB.
>
> Rog, tell me where you find the programme you use, 'RFSim'?
> Brian, thanks for the pointer to the G4FGQ site which looks very
> useful. I think G4FGQ is SK now but nice to know his web site is still
> available.
>
> Also thanks to Dave G3WCB for another report.
>
> Tom, G3OLB

Yes Reg FGQ died last summer. In case his original site dies there
are apparently already a few image copies of it on the internet.

You (and others) may want to look at my website where I have quite a
lot about matching my own vertical and adapting the G3LDO 3M bridge
to give good results on 500kHz. Still a work in progress... and
matching my tiddly vertical is an awful lot different from matching
Tom's quarter wave....

You are quite a signal here Tom! I have just added a new recording of
your beacon this morning at
http://my.opera.com/davews/blog/2007/06/05/500khz-recordings which
will give you an idea... (by the way, it is intended you download
these recordings rather than trying to play them direct on line).

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com