Re: LF: Re: 500kHz Grabber

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 500kHz Grabber
From: John Pumford-Green GM4SLV <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 12:46:49 +0100 (BST)
Sender: [email protected]
On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Tom Boucher wrote:

> John
>
> It's not seeing me during daylight - any chance of having it on after dark
> this evening?
> 73,
> Tom G3OLB, Devon

Hi Tom, LF

At this range (Shetland to Devon - must be approx 650 miles) I'm not
surprised that you aren't visible in the daytime.

I hope to be active this evening past the onset of darkness conditions,
which seems to be after 10:30pm local time.

With any luck we might even manage a QSO on straight CW.

I'll just leave the grabber running throughout - so the picture you'll
see on the web will either be what I'm seeing off air or what the RX
sees of my own signal while I'm transmitting.

I'm very keen to try a QSO, from all accounts you have quite an
efficient antenna (unlike my own humble affair) so I should at least
hear you.

Regards,

John, Shetland, IP90gg